Taking 80 Colleagues to a New City for 3-Days
When Things Must be Perfect
The Situation: When our client was looking to move their annual leadership meeting to a new international city (as well as plan, manage and help run it) we stuck-up our hands to help them. Our experienced-client knew a new city and venue search – and associated logistics – would be a massive, and detailed undertaking.
The Goal: Our client wanted its small, internal planning-team to focus 90% of their time/effort on the content of the meeting. As well, the team wanted to make this meeting extremely impactful, memorable and easy to attend/enjoy.
Our work included:
- Examining/presenting possible international cities that met client criteria/objectives
- Ensuring that appropriate accommodation and meeting venues were available for the set-of-dates that worked for the international leadership team
- Once the city selected, deeper meeting-venue, accommodation and external event/activity explorations
- Site-visits to fully assess pro’s, con’s and logistics of all spaces
- Reviews, cost-assessments and recommendations to the planning-team
- Once decided, contracting all venues & hotels
- Agenda development & maintenance
- Logistics planning & management (AV, catering & event materials)
- Travel management tracking & reporting
- Speaker/VIP liaison & logistics (white glove)
- Attendee communications & meeting Pre-Read (36-pages)
- On-site support & management
- Budget management, reporting & reconciliation
- The planning-team was able to stay focused on content/speakers while providing great value and input to logistical elements along-the-way without getting caught-up in all the detail.
- Follow-up surveys to attendees indicated that the 3-day meeting/gathering was a huge success (preparation; content; speakers logistics; communication; events and activities; venues and accommodations).
- The client planning team was commended for their efforts/worked developing such an impactful offsite.