4-Day Toronto Conference
4-Months to Organize All – From Invitations to travel home
The Situation: Our client was asked to pull-together a 100-person, 4-day conference in Toronto within 4-months. Our client-contact was provided a clear conference mandate & required outcome(s), but that was all;
- No agenda planned. No content ready. No speakers identified, or booked
- Attendees had yet to specifically identified. They would need to be invited, followed-up with and have their travel to/from planned and managed
- There was no venue, accommodations nor event-spaces booked. Lot’s to do.
Our client called Summit to help her plan and manage all aspects of the conference for her, as she could only devote ~25% of her attention to this effort over the next few months.
Our work included:
- Securing an appropriate conference venue/hotel
- Establishing the overall conference plan (4-days) to meet objectives
- Planning daily conference sessions. Developing content & identifying possible speakers
- Creating a conference website (with on-line registration capabilities)
- Sending, tracking and reporting attendee invitations.
- Managing attendee (and speaker) RSVPs. Working with in-house travel team to book travel
- Venue management (catering & AV)
- Developing of a workshop activity game (since produced 100 units for continued/local use)
- Planning/Executing a wrap-up Gala Dinner
- Designing, writing and producing an event “Welcome Package & Pre-read” (40 pages)
- Designing/producing event materials (signage, nametags, Gala dinner materials; etc.)
- On-site support & management (incl. full-time registration and conference HELP DESK)
- The 4-day conference was delivered on-time and in a professional, seamless manner
- The objective of gathering and aligning 30+ disperse stakeholder groups on a common path forward was achieved
- We believe we helped our client deliver this important conference with minimal disruption to her, her team or the organization